The Murder of Seamus Ludlow in County Louth, May 1976. Towards a public inquiry?
Introduction to the murder of Seamus Ludlow and the official cover-up.
The recent Campaign for Truth and Justice.
Other Ludlow Family Sites.
The Dundalk Democrat, 20 December 2003:
Missing files a matter of concern for Ludlow relatives
The family of the late Seamus Ludlow have said they are not pinning their hopes on the Barron report into the Mountpleasant man's 1976 murder.
The Taoiseach has said he expects the report on the forestry worker's murder to be publishes early in the New Year.
Speaking to The Democrat this week, Mr Ludlow's nephew, Jimmy Sharkey, said he was not overly impressed by Barron's report on the Dublin bombings
"I don't think this augurs well for the report into Seamus' murder. The part that. particularly worries me, and others, is the fact that files have gone missing.
"Who's to say this isn't going to be the case with our report, that we won't be told vital files into Seamus' death went missing."
Jimmy's view is strengthened by the fact that County Coroner, Ronan Maguire, has experienced delays in receiving information for a second inquest into the Ludlow shooting.
Mr Maguire has said on a previous occasion that delays had been incurred as he was still waiting on definitive explanations as to the whereabouts of Seamus Ludlow's clothing and the bullets used in his killing and also on a particular investigative report on the murder.
Retired state pathologist, Dr John Harbison, who gave a deposition at the original inquest into the death has said he will attend the new inquest.
Ireland on Sunday, 12 October 2003: Top names linked to Dublin-Monaghan atrocity Bombs report names gardai 'collaborators'
The Sunday Independent, 2 November 3003: Net is closing in on Dublin car bombers
The Dundalk Democrat, 8 November 2003: Dundalk bombing and Ludlow murder ignored
The Dundalk Democrat, 8 November 2003: Family feel inquiry will make little difference
The Dundalk Democrat, 8 November 2003: Inquest could be next January
The Irish News, 8 November 2003: No mention of Dundalk victims in Barron report
Copyright © 2003 the Ludlow family. All rights reserved.
Revised: December 22, 2003 .