The Murder of Seamus Ludlow in County Louth, May 1976. Towards a public inquiry?

3 July 2002 - The Irish Attorney General has directed the Coroner for County Louth to hold a fresh inquest into the death of Seamus Ludlow.  . . . . Please return for updates and important developments.

 

 

Home

Intro.

Introduction    to the             murder of       Seamus           Ludlow and     the official     cover-up.       

Frequently asked Questions.

Brief Review.

Profile.

Michael Cunningham investigation - 1978

Witness Account 1998

Ludlow Family account 1998.

Chronology.

Photographs.

The recent     Campaign       for Truth and  Justice.          

Latest Reports.

25th Anniversary.

Louth County Council Support.

BIRW Report.

BIRW Update Message.

Irish Victims Commission Report.

Hamilton - Barron  Inquiry

Ludlow family's questions for the RUC (now the PSNI)

Contributors.

Linda Porra's Editorial.

Jim J. Kane's letter to the N I Human Rights Commission.

Jim J. Kane's letter to the RUC

Press Release 

Ed Moloney radio Interview.

Ludlow Family Letter to Bertie Ahern 

Meeting the Police Ombudsman

A Fresh Inquest

Celtic League Support

Press Coverage.

Links.

New guestmap Guest Book

View messages from our original Guestbook

Mailing List

E-Mail Form

Tell a Friend

Search this Site.

 

Other          Ludlow        Family         Sites.          

First Ludlow Site

Domain Name Site

The Dundalk Bombing

 

 

 

Search Allof Ireland.com

The Dundalk Democrat, 6 July 2005:
 
 
Website names the Ludlow four
 

By Anne Marie Eaton

A Dundalk website has named four men it says are responsible for the murder of Mountpleasant forestry worker Seamus Ludlow.

The four men were all questioned in Castlereagh in 1998. However, the Director of Public Prosecutions in Northern Ireland made the decision not to bring any prosecutions.

This was something that Police Ombudsman Nuala O'Loan in a meeting with the Ludlow family said she could not understand. There were strong charges and in her view there could have been prosecutions.

Two of the men named on the site have spoken to the press over the years, one protesting his innocence of the crime and one saying that he had been an eyewitness to Seamus Ludlow's killing.

The four men were named in a meeting between Gardai and the RUC as far back as February 1979, although it is thought that the RUC had this information from 1977. The lapse in time of handing over this information was not down to any inappropriate actions, but rather the Police Ombudsman told the Ludlow family was due to "sloppy paperwork".

Seamus Ludlow's nephew said the four names published on the website were not a surprise to him or any of his family.

"These names have been cropping up for years. The names are nothing new to us."

Preliminary hearings into a second inquest on Seamus Ludlow's death have been held and the inquest is expected to get under way on September 5.

County Coroner Ronan Maguire has said that the publication of the names on the website will haver no effect on the inquest.

 

 

I Home I I Top I I First Ludlow Site I I Domain Name Site I I Questions I I Chronology I I Brief Review I I Profile I I Report I I Photographs I I Ludlow family's Letter to the RUC Chief Constable I I Latest Reports I I Hamilton Inquiry I I Contributors I I Linda Porra's Editorial I I Jim J. Kane's Letter to the Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission  I I Jim J. Kane's Letter to the RUC I I Press Release I I 25th Anniversary I Ludlow family letter to Bertie Ahern I I Ed Moloney Interview I I Meeting the Police Ombudsman I I Links I I New Guest Book  I I E-Mail Form I I  Mailing List I I Tell a Friend I    Chronology: 1 2 3 4 5  

 

Copyright 2005 the Ludlow family. All rights reserved.
Revised: July 08, 2005