The Murder of Seamus Ludlow in County Louth, May 1976. Towards a public inquiry?

 

Home

Intro.

Introduction    to the             murder of       Seamus           Ludlow and     the official     cover-up.       

Frequently asked Questions.

Brief Review.

Profile.

Michael Cunningham investigation - 1978

Witness Account 1998

Ludlow Family account 1998.

Chronology.

Photographs.

The recent     Campaign       for Truth and  Justice.          

Latest Reports.

25th Anniversary.

Louth County Council Support.

BIRW Report.

BIRW Update Message.

Irish Victims Commission Report.

Hamilton - Barron  Inquiry

Ludlow family's questions for the RUC (now the PSNI)

Contributors.

Linda Porra's Editorial.

Jim J. Kane's letter to the N I Human Rights Commission.

Jim J. Kane's letter to the RUC

Press Release 

Ed Moloney radio Interview.

Ludlow Family Letter to Bertie Ahern 

Meeting the Police Ombudsman

A Fresh Inquest

Celtic League Support

Press Coverage.

Links.

New guestmap Guest Book

View messages from our original Guestbook

Mailing List

E-Mail Form

Tell a Friend

Search this Site.

  

Other          Ludlow        Family         Sites.          

First Ludlow Site

Domain Name Site

The Dundalk Bombing

 

 

 

Search Allof Ireland.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Irish Sun, 8 September 2005: 

Tell us what you know about Seamus's murder

Joe's Barron Report Plea

By Deirdre Reynolds

The Barron report into the loyalist killing of Seamus Ludlow must be published in the wake of the "disturbing" second inquest into his death, Labour insisted yesterday.

Party justice spokesman, Joe Costello said Monday's "unlawful killing" verdict at Dundalk Coroner's Court raised serious questions for BOTH the Irish and British governments.

The inquest ruled that forestry worker Seamus, 47, far right, had been the victim of a random loyalist killing. He was shot three times after allegedly being kidnapped by four Ulster Defence Association men while walking home in Dundalk, Co Louth, in May 1976.

Mr Costello, above, yesterday claimed Taoiseach Bertie Ahern had received the official Barron Report - which was compiled after a private inquiry - into the shooting in March.

Back then Mr Ahern, left, told the Dail that it would be forwarded to the Oireachtas within weeks.

But Mr Costello added: "Seven months later the report still has not been published.

"And there is still no indication as to when it will be referred to the Oireachtas Committee on Justice. The early publication of this report is now essential following disturbing disclosures at the inquest into the death of Mr Ludlow.

"Evidence heard at the inquest this week raised very serious questions for both the British and Irish authorities.

"There must be no question of delaying publication of the report because of embarrassment that may be caused for any individuals.

"The Dail and the Ludlow family are entitled to an explanation from the Taoiseach as to why he has failed to honour this commitment."

Two suspects admitted Seamus's murder after being arrested by RUC cops in 1998 - but no charges were brought.

His family are pressing for a public inquiry.

I Top

SUPPORT THE SEAMUS LUDLOW APPEAL FUND

Bank of Ireland
78 Clanbrassil Street
Dundalk
County Louth
Ireland

Account No. 70037984 

   Thank You.     Print this page.

 

 

I Home I I Top I I First Ludlow Site I I Domain Name Site I I Questions I I Chronology I I Brief Review I I Profile I I Report I I Photographs I I Ludlow family's Letter to the RUC Chief Constable I I Latest Reports I I Hamilton Inquiry I I Contributors I I Linda Porra's Editorial I I Jim J. Kane's Letter to the Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission  I I Jim J. Kane's Letter to the RUC I I Press Release I I 25th Anniversary I Ludlow family letter to Bertie Ahern I I Ed Moloney Interview I I Meeting the Police Ombudsman I I Links I I New Guest Book  I I E-Mail Form I I  Mailing List I I Tell a Friend I    Chronology: 1 2 3 4 5  

 

Copyright 2005 the Ludlow family. All rights reserved.
Revised: September 09, 2005