The Murder of Seamus Ludlow in County Louth, May 1976. Towards a public inquiry?

 

Home

Intro.

Introduction    to the             murder of       Seamus           Ludlow and     the official     cover-up.       

Frequently asked Questions.

Brief Review.

Profile.

Michael Cunningham investigation - 1978

Witness Account 1998

Ludlow Family account 1998.

Chronology.

Photographs.

The recent     Campaign       for Truth and  Justice.          

Latest Reports.

25th Anniversary.

Louth County Council Support.

BIRW Report.

BIRW Update Message.

Irish Victims Commission Report.

Hamilton - Barron  Inquiry

Ludlow family's questions for the RUC (now the PSNI)

Contributors.

Linda Porra's Editorial.

Jim J. Kane's letter to the N I Human Rights Commission.

Jim J. Kane's letter to the RUC

Press Release 

Ed Moloney radio Interview.

Ludlow Family Letter to Bertie Ahern 

Meeting the Police Ombudsman

A Fresh Inquest

Celtic League Support

Press Coverage.

Links.

New guestmap Guest Book

View messages from our original Guestbook

Mailing List

E-Mail Form

Tell a Friend

Search this Site.

  

Other          Ludlow        Family         Sites.          

First Ludlow Site

Domain Name Site

The Dundalk Bombing

 

 

 

Search Allof Ireland.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Irish Sun, 6 September 2005:

Murder suspect list 'was ignored'

By Sun Reporter

A Garda  superintendent given the names of UDA members suspected of killing forestry worker Seamus Ludlow failed to act on the information an inquest heard today.

Retired Garda  DEtective Inspector  John Courtney said RUC  officers gave him names and addresses of the persons involved 18 months after Mr Ludlow, 47,  was found shot three times near his home at Dundalk, Co Louth.

Mr Courtney, who investigated the killing, wrote a report about the information he had been given which was sent to Chief Superintendent Dick Fahy and C3, the Garda headquarters section dealing with subversives.

"I heard no more about it and that was that," he added.

Later, he wanted to interview the suspects but was denied the go-ahead to quiz them

Campaign

He was told by a garda in C3 that the "man in charge would not do anything about it."

No explanation was given, Mr Courtney told the coroner.

Mr Courtney said that within three months of the shooting he had ruled out the possibility that the IRA killed Mr Ludlow.

But the family have said that for years gardai had led them to believe that it was the IRA.

Mr Ludlow's body was found dumped in a lane, and a first inquest merely recorded the manner of death.

His family campaigned for the second inquest, believing he was picked up by Loyalist paramilitaries as he hitched a lift home late at night.

They are concerned about possible collusion and gardai were represented by lawyers at the inquest.

The hearing continues.

 

I Homepage I I Top I Press Coverage I I Barron Inquiry I I Terms of reference for Barron Inquiry I I Fresh Inquest I I Celtic League Support I I New GuestMap Guest Book. I   

Visit The Irish News; The Argus

Copyright 2005 the Ludlow family. All rights reserved.

Revised: September 08, 2005 .