The Murder of Seamus Ludlow in County Louth, May 1976. Towards a public inquiry?
Introduction to the murder of Seamus Ludlow and the official cover-up.
The recent Campaign for Truth and Justice.
Other Ludlow Family Sites.
The Irish News, 5 May 2004:
Barron Report Due Next Month
A report into various atrocities which took place over 30 years ago will be published at the beginning of next month, Taoiseach Bertie Ahern confirmed yesterday.
Mr Justice Henry Barron is due to report on the Dublin bombings of 1972 and 1973 as well as many other pre-1974 bombings and the murders of Brid Carr in 1971, Oliver Boyce and Brid Porter. He will then publish a second report on the murder of Seamus Ludlow in Co Louth in 1976.
The third report on later cases, including the Dundalk bombing of 1975 and the Castleblayney bombing, may be finished by the end of the year, Mr Ahern told the Dail.
Justice Barron published his first report, an investigation into the 1974 Dublin and Monaghan bombings in December last year.
Mr Ahern told the Dail that the judge's work on the second report was "well advanced". "I understand he has most of the drafting done and he just has some outstanding contacts to make," he said.
"That will cover a number of cases, the two bombings in Dublin in 1972 and 1973, the Clones, Belturbet and Pettigo bombings in 1972 and the other bombing incidents that took place before May 1974."
The reports will be put to a joint parliamentary committee for a full inquiry
Mr Ahern said he had spoken to British Prime Minister Tony Blair over the weekend about the possibility of conducting a judicial investigation into the 1974 Dublin and Monaghan bombings in either Northern Ireland or Britain.
He said he had not been informed of an official British government position.
The Irish Examiner, 12 August 2000: When a state turns to murder Book Review
The Dundalk Democrat, 26 January 2002: Blayney bombing to feature in new book
The Dundalk Democrat, 18 May 2002: Book claims to identify Dundalk bombers
The Dundalk Democrat, 21 December 2002: Author identifies those who may have been responsible Book on bombing to be launched on Saturday
The Dundalk Democrat, 21 December 2002: Nearly 30 years on from Dundalk bombing and the fight for justice continues
The Dundalk Democrat, 04 January 2003: A photograph of Joe Tiernan's book launch in Dundalk. (See above Dundalk Democrat 21 December 2002)
The Dundalk Democrat, 15 March 2003: Plaque to Patrick Mone unveiled
Copyright © 2004 the Ludlow family. All rights reserved.
Revised: May 13, 2004 .