The Murder of Seamus Ludlow in County Louth, May 1976. Towards a public inquiry?
Introduction to the murder of Seamus Ludlow and the official cover-up.
The recent Campaign for Truth and Justice.
Other Ludlow Family Sites.
The Irish Times, 20 October 1999:
DPP decides against Ludlow case charges
The North's Director of Public prosecutions has decided not to bring charges against a number of loyalists arrested last year and questioned about the unsolved murder of Mr Seamus Ludlow, killed outside Dundalk in 1976.
The August report of the Victims Commission, which was chaired by the former Tanaiste, Mr John Wilson, recommended that the case should be re-examined because "very disturbing" allegations about the investigation have been made.
Claims have been made that the killing of the 47-year-old timber worker was covered up by security agencies North and South of the Border in order to protect a loyalist double agent involved in the incident.
The Ludlow family have said for years they were "fed the lie" by the Garda that their relative was killed by the IRA because he was an informer. The family may now demand a public inquiry into his death. Last month the Government gave the go-ahead for a private investigation and said the subsequent report would remain unpublished so possible proceedings in the North would not be jeapardised.
The Sunday Tribune, Sunday 17 October 1999, by Ed Moloney: North's DPP has decided not to charge Loyalists arrested in connection with Ludlow killing
The Dundalk Democrat, 21 October 1999: Private enquiries into Ludlow murder and Dundalk bombing
An Phoblacht/Republican News, 4 November 1999: Taoiseach to "reassess'' Ludlow case