The Murder of Seamus Ludlow in County Louth, May 1976. Towards a public inquiry?
Introduction to the murder of Seamus Ludlow and the official cover-up.
The recent Campaign for Truth and Justice.
Other Ludlow Family Sites.
The Irish Independent, 8 November 1999:
Wilson supports extradition of four
By Elaine Keogh
Former Tanaiste John Wilson has said he would support the extradition of the four men allegedly involved in the murder of Dundalk man Seamus Ludlow in May 1976.
Last month the DPP in the North decided not to press charges against the men who live there and England, despite one of them stating he witnessed Ludlow being shot by a man the Ludlow family believe worked for British Military Intelligence.
In his role as chairman of the Victims' Commission, John Wilson has recommended an enquiry into the murder and said he was deeply disturbed and disappointed by the decision of the DPP.
The gardai told the Ludlow family that the IRA murdered Seamus (47): this was strongly denied by senior Republicans. Despite the RUC investigation, the family believe they are no closer to finding out the truth about who murdered the quiet timber worker and why.
He was shot dead after accepting a lift in a car allegedly driven by four Loyalists including a captain and a soldier in the UDR, and a man who joined their company for the day and ended up witnessing the murder.
A man known as "Mambo" allegedly shot him three times and his body was thrown onto a ditch just hundreds of yards from his home.
The family believe the case was never pursued because it would have exposed "Mambo" and the fact that two of the other men were UDR soldiers and members of the Red Hand Commandos.
The Dundalk Democrat, 7 August 1999: Ludlow murder inquiry report "A place and a name"
The Sunday Tribune, 8 August 1999: The case that is not going to go away
The Examiner, 10 August 1999: Report recommends inquiries into Ludlow murder, Dundalk bombing
The Dundalk Democrat, 14 August 1999: "Ludlow inquiry must be public" - says Arthur Morgan
The Sunday Tribune, Sunday 17 October 1999, by Ed Moloney: North's DPP has decided not to charge Loyalists arrested in connection with Ludlow killing
The Dundalk Democrat, 21 October 1999: Private enquiries into Ludlow murder and Dundalk bombing
An Phoblacht/Republican News, 4 November 1999: Taoiseach to "reassess'' Ludlow case